Message for Visiting Medical Students
Welcome students to WBAMC!!! We are excited to have you and we integrate you quickly as a member of our team. Our strength here at WBAMC is the ability of our students to be intricately involved in the treatment plan of our patients. Students come away from this rotation loving the teaching that they receive here from our faculty. We aim to continue for that to be our greatest strength.
Refer to the rest of our website for details about our residency program. We want to ultimately convince you that this is the place you want to do your residency.
Mission Statement for Medical Students
- Maintain an academic environment strongly supporting productive basic science and clinical research endeavors
- Be a role model of a compassionate, dedicated caregiver and teacher
- Foster an environment of clinical research
- Support USU military students for readiness with in-depth expertise on infectious diseases, toxic exposures, wellness measures
- Foster academic excellence in professional training throughout military graduate medical education
- Foster and assesses the skills, knowledge, and professionalism of our Texas Tech medical students and USU medical students in military medicine
We have rotations in all our core and elective rotations
- General Medicine Ward
- Inpatient Cardiology
- Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Internal Medicine Clinic
- Other subspecialty medicine rotations upon request
Students should coordinate with the Office of Graduate Medical Education, (915) 742-2521 or (915) 742-3243. The medical student’s responsibilities will be similar to an intern’s, but with more supervision.
Keep each section and subsection focused — a good approach is to include one theme (topic) per section.