Department of Surgery
Department of Surgery Trauma Services can be reached at 915 742-3746 or 915 742-3747.The trauma center at WBAMC was founded in 1972 by BG Robert Hardaway and has played a prominent role in the El Paso trauma environment. The Trauma center is an active participant in the Far West Texas and Southern New Mexico Regional Advisory Council on Trauma (BorderRAC).
William Beaumont Army Medical Center:
- Admits approximately 260 trauma patients per year.
- Is designated as a Level III Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services as of November 2013.
- Provides a complete range of trauma care with the exception of severe burns, which are transferred to either Lubbock or BAMC.
- Partakes in various trauma related process improvement initiatives.
- Has a trauma inpatient service.
- Facilitates physician, nursing and EMS education.
- Participates in injury protection programs, health fairs and workshops ( Burn prevention, pool safety/drowning prevention, "all babies cry" education, bicycle safety, fall prevention, shattered dreams event, underage anti drinking & driving and other community health fairs).
- Provides Trauma Team information, Trauma Policies and Regulations in the WBAMC Intranet website.