Department of Surgery
Plastic SurgeryWBAMC offers a wide range of plastic surgery services including but not limited to the following:
- Breast reconstruction performed using implants or the patient's own tissue at the time of mastectomy or on a delayed basis.
- Reconstruction of soft tissue defects from injury, surgery, or developmental problems (e.g. pressure sores, burns).
- Surgical excision of skin cancers and skin and other soft tissue tumors.
- Breast reduction on women whose heavy breasts are causing significant functional problems.
- Functional soft tissue procedures such as reduction of enlarged male breasts (gynecomastia) and release of scar contractures.
- Cosmetic procedures on the face, breasts and body. These procedures are done on a time and space available basis and include a fee paid before surgery for all patients. Strict criteria related to general health, smoking history, and weight must be met before consultations will be approved with specifics related to the procedure desired.
Appointments are made through referral from your primary physician. Our office number is 915-742-1837 during regular duty hours.