Department of Surgery
AnesthesiologyDeliver comprehensive, high quality anesthesia care to our valued beneficiaries. Anesthesiology is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, benign and cancer-related pain. Our aim is to treat the cause of pain whenever possible, and return our patients to a functional lifestyle and work. We understand the complexity of your pain, and the suffering experienced by many individuals with persistent pain.
To obtain an appointment, the patient must have a referral. We work closely with your referring physician to offer detailed medical assessments to help resolve confusion about your diagnosis, physical functioning and work status.
Diagnostic information, results of tests and medical consultations, and effects of treatment are carefully documented. While we may not always be able to provide pain relief, we give you an opportunity for improvement and the resources to cope within your abilities. Quality of life for our patients is our priority.
- Physical conditioning and functional stimulation to restore function and return-to-work.
- Medications for the treatment of pain and pain related symptoms.
- Injections that can deliver medications for diagnosing pain.
- Nerve blocks that, in certain cases, can be administered to destroy a specific nerve that carries pain signals.
- Behavioral medicine treatments, including relaxation and cognitive therapy.
- Brief drug infusions to guide diagnosis or selection of long-term therapy.
Appointments are made through referral from your primary physician. You may contact this office at 915-742-8058/6068 during regular duty hours.