Rio Bravo Medical Home Healthcare done Right!
Self Care Resources
Self Care Resources
Many of the visits to a primary care practice and over 80% of all Emergency Room visits are for minor health issues that can be managed at home, with the right resources.
Self-Care is about becoming an active participant in your own healthcare, recognizing and taking care of small health concerns before they become too bad to self-manage.
The following resources are to assist you in learning what you can do to take care of yourself and when you DO need to seek care from a professional.
The Rio Bravo Medical Home is always available to assist if you have questions or concerns or need assistance with the provided self-care resources:
Pharmacy Self Care and Over the Counter Program
Did you know that many of the medications you may be seeking with a primary care visit are available to you over the counter at the pharmacy counter, free of charge?
The following medications can be obtained at any William Beaumont Pharmacy, free of charge, with a self-care pharmacy card:
- Mylicon infant drops
- Pepto Bismol
- Saline drops
- Hydrocortisone Cream
- Bacitracin Ointment
- Lotrimin Cream
- Gyne Lotrimin
- Foot Powder
In order to get these medications, free of charge, without an appointment, all you need is a self care pharmacy card. To obtain the self care pharmacy card follow these easy steps
- 1. Review this set of power point slides.
- 2. Take the Quiz here.
- 3. Print the results page and take to any William Beaumont Pharmacy
You may request up to four (4) items every 14 days per household. Only one of each item may be requested. You can print a copy of the self care request form here.
24-Hour Nurse Advice Line
Call 1-800-TRICARE, Option 1 and Talk to a registered nurse who can:
- Answer your urgent care or non-emergency questions
- Give you health care advice
- Help you find a doctor
- Schedule next-day appointments at military hospitals and clinics
Appointment Cancellations: There are three quick options to cancel appointments:
- For registered TRICARE Online (TOL) users, go to https://www.tricareonline.com , log-in and select CANCEL APPOINTMENT in the appointment center.
- Call the WBAMC Central Appointments at (915) 742-2273 and follow the prompts.
- Select CANCEL during an appointment reminder phone call when prompted during the call.
The solution can be as simple as a phone call. Cancelling an appointment at least 24 hours in advance gives somebody else the chance to see their health care team.