- Department of Women's Health
- Obstetrics, Gynecology & Midwifery Services
High Risk Pregnancy
Your OB&GYN team is very knowledgeable about high risk pregnancies and manages high risk pregnancies on a daily basis. If your pregnancy is deemed High Risk by your provider, you will most likely be follwed by a physician for the remainder of your pregnancy. However, you are still eligible to participate in Centering Pregnancy.
It is not possible to list all the high risk conditions that are managed at WBAMC. The following are the most common medical conditions that are seen in WBAMC.
- Incompetant cervix / preterm labor
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Growth restrictions
- Multiplegestation (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Connective tissue disease
- Clotting disorder
- Family history of congenital defects
- High blood pressure
- Blood disorders