The following will be discussed during the OB Education session:
- Go over all your health / pregnancy histories.
- Discuss any concerns that you may have regarding your current pregnancy.
- Education is provided regarding the pregnancy, general health and nutrition.
- Counseling provided for both highly recommended and optional blood tests done during this pregnancy.
- Go over the schedule of appointment for the duration of the pregnancy.
- Go over the Pregnancy and Childbirth book.
- Referral to specialty services as medically indicated.
- Provider will order routine blood tests. Other blood tests will be ordered based on your medical / pregnancy history.
- An examination will not be done unless there is a medical reason (ie. unusual cramping, spotting / bleeding, or if you have other chronic medical problems.).
- After your Education appointment, you will be directed to make a new OB Physical appointment.