The Army Vaccination Program was designed to promote the Military Biodefense Vaccine Program and meet the Department of Defense (DoD) compliance goals for these vaccines.
Our mission is to:
- To minimize the disease threat and promote global wellness by vaccinating eligible populations with anthrax, smallpox, and influenza in accordance with DoD directives.
- Support the DoD BioDefense Vaccine Programs.
- Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program (AVIP)
- Smallpox Vaccination Program (SVP)
- Coordinate mass vaccinations for anthrax, smallpox, and influenza.
- Provide education and risk communication for AVIP/SVP.
- Monitor unit compliance rates in the Medical Occupational Data System (MODS)/Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) Immunization Tracking Module.
- Coordinate MODS/MEDPROS training for Ft. Bliss/WBAMC.
- Individual and Unit Medical Readiness (IMR/UMR) Statistical Reporting.