Workers Compensation

Home / Departments / Patient Administration Division

Federal Employees

If you are injured at work, you may be entitled to medical and other injury compensation benefits provided under the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA), administered by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Federal employees have certain responsibilities and rights in filing for these benefits.

  • Immediately report any work-related injury to your supervisor. If your injury requires medical treatment, obtain care as soon as possible. If you sustain a traumatic injury obtain a DOL Form CA-20, “Physician’s Statement” from your supervisor or Safety Officer.
  • Complete a Form CA-1, “Federal Employee’s Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/...”, if your injury results from a specific event or a series of events during one day or shift. Complete a Form CA-2, “Notice of Occupational Disease …” for all other claims. Your supervisor will provide you with these forms or get them from your Safety Officer or Occupational Health. To protect your rights to certain benefits, complete the front section of the Form CA-1 and provide it to your supervisor as soon as possible, but not later than 30 days after your injury. Complete these forms as completely as possible in order to avoid delays caused by having to ask you for additional information.
  • You may be asked to provide additional information. Although your supervisor or the FECA Office may assist you, it is your responsibility to obtain the medical information needed to support your claim.
  • If you are temporarily unable to work because of your injury, you need to keep your supervisor and the FECA Office informed about your medical condition, and return to work as soon as your physician allows you to do so. Light duty assignments are available if you have medical restrictions because of the injury, and if so, you must advise your physician.

Contact the FECA Office at 915 568-5628 for further information or assistance on filing a claim.

The DOL web site for forms is: External link icon

The web site for electronic forms is: External link icon

Supervisors are now required to transmit the CA-1 or CA-2 form electronically to the FECA Office who in turn reviews and forwards it to the Department of Labor. The hard copy with the medical information will be hand carried to building 504B FECA Office, WB Safety Office or Occupational Health Clinic. Please include supervisor's email address on the hard copy.